Through a high school educational tour with People to People, the Learning About International Commerce Program (Marshall LINC) and other trips, I have been lucky enough to travel many places throughout the world. However, no matter where I go, my mind keeps drifting back to one country in particular: Greece.
So what, you may ask, is so wonderful about Greece? Although economic times have been tough lately, Greece still has as much to offer as ever. I’ll give you a few reasons for my immense love of the country:
1. I had the opportunity to visit locations I learned about in art history class, like the Parthenon and the Temple of Apollo.
2. You’ll never have a better Greek salad.
4. There are adorable cats EVERYWHERE.
5. Santorini is breathtakingly beautiful. Due to the volcanic nature of the island, this is one of the few places where you’ll see a black sand beach. The surface gets so hot that a wooden plank leads visitors to the water.
6. The waters of Mykonos are crystal clear and the whitewashed walls of buildings contrast so beautifully with the brightly painted doors and railings.
All I can say is, if you have the opportunity to visit Greece, take it. Hopefully I’ll find myself there again one day.