April Showers Brings May Flowers
That classic rhyme applies not only to our weather (which surprisingly has held true to this phrase as opposed to our usual rainless spring) but to this time of year – midterm/group project season.
What I find to be most effective at this time of year when most students, including myself, feel a little burnt out and anxious for summer, is to make a task/goal list to accomplish. Not only does it provide a concrete source to refer to and help keep you accountable, but it makes accomplishing the goals so much more fulfilling to be able to cross them off your list, don’t you think?
Here is a sample of the list I’ve made for myself to accomplish by the end of this semester:
- Meet weekly with my Business Communications group to successfully plan our group presentation
- Research South LA music artist for New Media for Social Change
- Meet weekly with Marketing group to successfully develop marketing plan for Fatburger
- plan and execute the first Volunteer/Service Showcase
- Perform once with the Remedy Through Music Club
- Finish The Screwtape Letter
- Read 2 books
- Learn one song on the guitar
- Find an internship (ASAP)
- Exercise 5/7 days per week
Hopefully this gives you some inspiration to get through this tough month of a gloomy workload to reach the beautiful month of May!
Blessings and Smiles,