Choosing the right college…
The college process in general, can be overwhelming. All of the applications and essays can be tiring, time consuming, and a little stressful. Though, once all of the applications are filled out and the common app tab is finally closed, it’s acceptance and decision time. All your hard work has paid off and it is time to dwell upon where your next “home” will be, for the next couple of years.
When deciding which college to choose, in my experience there are some things that you should keep in mind:
- Never let others make the decision for you.
- At the end of the day, you are the one that has to go to school there for the foreseeable future and you want to enjoy your time, because there’s no time like your college years. Make them memorable!
- Always do your research about the school!
- Do you like the type of area the school is in? If you like to explore, will you be near an environment where there are lots of things to do and see?
- Does the school offer the resources and connections needed to help you grow in your future endeavors?
- Weigh your pros and cons.
- Envision yourself on campus.
- Can you see yourself in the environment, going to class etc.
- Financial Package.
- Is the financial package sufficient for you and your family?
- Are there additional scholarships that can aid your package?
- Know that, at the end of the day, its like a wise teacher of mine said, “A seed will grow wherever it is planted.” No matter where you choose to go tot school, you will be given the opportunity for growth, not only in terms of education but also in terms of who you are as an individual.
College is such a wonderful time, full of some of the best memories, and the best people you will ever meet. So take a second, sit down, and follow your heart. As crazy as it may seem, you’ll know where you are meant to go and everything will fall into place.