Essentials for college, the tech version:
- A laptop–Mac or Windows, up to you! I will say that yes, a lot of students spend on a Macbook.
- And a laptop case! Gotta protect your investments
- Tablets–helpful in class! They’re not as heavy to carry around and you can get the cool keyboard plug in for it
- Google Calendar is my best friend
- If you do get a Macbook, install SelfControl! It’s the best app ever. Prevents you from going on your “blacklist” of websites, and there’s no way to get around it. Restarting your computer, using a proxy, whatever. Doesn’t work!
- Evernote – easy access to everything wherever you are
- Mint – to keep track of your college spending
- USB drive
- Headphones/earbuds and a favorite playlist
- Surge protector for the dorm
- Ethernet cable–it’s cheap, but will help you get lightning-fast internet
And of course… invest in an alarm clock. You’d be surprised how hard it is to wake up for 8am classes, despite doing it your entire K-12 life. Have other ideas/suggestions? Leave a comment!