Top 5 Goals for Spring Semester
It’s been about a month into 2013, and I have yet to formally make any New Year’s resolutions. I would like to take this opportunity to make some resolutions and list my top five goals for the spring semester!
1. Recruiting Recruiting RECRUITING! Recruiting is comparable to a 4-unit course. It takes so much time to attend networking events, info sessions, meetings with professionals, and of course, interviews! As a sophomore, I am currently looking to recruit for summer leadership programs at several accounting firms. Wish me luck!
2. Go to the gym more! I’m no longer a freshman eating at dining halls every day, but the temptation to be inactive and eat unhealthy foods (the formula for weight gain!!) still exists. My goal is to go to the gym at least 3 times a week, even if I have a busy schedule!
3. Ahhhh public speaking! Public speaking has always been my biggest fear. However, I must give presentations regularly this semester in my business communications class. My goal is to conquer my fear and become more comfortable speaking in front of people.
4. More music. More me! Music has always been a big part of my life, and I feel that sometimes, I neglect it when I am here at SC. I want to find time to play my instruments more, post more covers on YouTube, and learn more about music technology in my class because these are things that make me happy and help me de-stress.
5. Talk to my professors! I want to get to know my professors better! They are so knowledgable, friendly, and are great resources, not only for academics, but also for professional opportunities. Office hours, here I come!
There are so many opportunities at USC for me to grow academically, professionally, socially, and personally. I will strive to take advantage of these opportunities and better myself by working on achieving these goals!